An employee accepts all tasks due to the fear of saying „NO“ to the superior.
Superiors don’t see this behavior as a problem until the employee fails to achieve the goal. Then superiors undertake necessary measures such as: training, coaching, threatening or altogether.
Anatomy of this problem
The fear of abandonment is the usual trigger for such a yes-man behavior. It is formed in the early childhood when the child was not allowed to express his/her disagreement by his/her parents or significant others. Ever since then the child, now an adult, has been convinced that it is ok to suppress his/her own needs, wishes and opinions so to satisfy the other side and avoid being rejected.
Solution by Coaching Drama in 5 action steps
- Identification of the most dominant emotion (anger, fear, grief) that overwhelms the person here and now
- Analysis of the most dominant emotion, i.e. whether that emotion is authentic or cover-up
- Identification of the event that caused the emotion (via psychodrama tools)
- Breakout of the unwanted behavior (via psychodrama tools)
- Acquisition of a new, wanted, behavior (via coaching tools)
What we keep inside, feeds us!
Eliminate messages that feeds your brain detrimentally!!!
More about Coaching Drama you can find at www.CoachingDrama.com